Revised Uniform Arbitration Act in Michigan
Since 2006, the ADR Section has been working on passage of the Revised Uniform Arbitration Act (RUAA) in Michigan. On December 14, 2012, those efforts culminated in the Governor's signature on PA 371. While many assisted in this effort, the leaders for the ADR Section were William Louis Weber and Martin C. Weisman. They were assisted by lobbyist William Kandler, and the invaluable legislative support of Senator Tonya Schuitmaker, who sponsored the bill. Kudos to all!
Report of the Task Force on Diversity in Alternative Dispute Resolution 2MB PDF
Appendix B 3.6MB PDF
Appendix C 5.6MB PDF
All reports are in PDF format.
2011-2012 Legislative Session
- SB0901—Alternate Dispute Resolution Condominium Act
- SB0902—Alternate Dispute Resolution Uniform Arbitration Act
- SB0903—Alternate Dispute Resolution Uniform Arbitration Act
2009-2010 Legislative Session
2007-2008 Legislative Session
2005-2006 Legislative Session
- HB4259—Prohibits Introduction of Expression of Sympathy as Admission of Liability in Civil Action
- HB5677—Creates Uniform Power of Attorney Act
- 2013-19 Proposed Amendment of Rule 3. 602 of the Michigan Court Rules View Position PDF