•Officers and Council Information
•Debtor/Creditor Rights NewsMag
•Small Business Forum
•How to Get Involved
•Calendar of Events
•Public Policy Updates
View Past Issues
Chair's Letter from Michael S. Khoury
The Business Law Section e-Newsletter started off with a bang! In the first 48 hours after the inaugural issue of the Newsletter was distributed, over 1,000 of you took the time to at least look at the Newsletter, and an additional 300 or so people actually followed links to Section events, other events, or informational websites. Continue to look to the Newsletter for developments and events of interest.
The Section Annual Meeting was held on September 20 with approximately 100 Michigan lawyers in attendance. If you weren't there, I hope you have the opportunity to attend a Section function in the upcoming months. Remember this is your Section, and delivery of quality programs, publications, and information is important to the Section leadership.
Section Historian Project
Do you remember when the Section was formed in 1965? Do you have letters, pictures or programs from any of the early years? If so, we want to hear from you. The Section is starting a project to document the history of the Business Law Section, originally known as the "Corporation, Banking and Finance Law Section" from 1965 forward. Any input you have would be appreciated. Please send any input you have to me.
- October 12—Midwest Securities Law Institute
- October 12—UCC Committee Meeting
- October 17—Increasing the Value of Business
- October 18—2nd Annual Family and Closely Held Business Institute
- November 14—Joint program with the Straker Bar and Young Lawyers Section Business Transactions and Management of Intellectual Property
- December 1—Section Council Meeting
- April 2008—ABA Business Law Section Spring Meeting in Dallas