2012 Joint Program: Michigan’s Environment in 2012 & Beyond
Originally presented November 14, 2012
2012 Annual Meeting
|Paul Sax, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; Anna Maiuri, Chair; Susan Hedman, EPA Administrator, Region 5; and Dustin Ordway, Chair-Elect.
CSI, GSI, and Part 201 Updates Teleconference
The Evolving Environmental Regulatory Landscape Conference
Originally presented May 16, 2012.
|Kurt Kissling, vice-chair, and Lee Johnson, chair Air Committee
||Neil Gordon, an assistant attorney general with Vince Hellwig and Skiles Boyd
- Impact of Utility MACT and Other Regulations on Electric Generation PDF, Skiles Boyd, VP Environmental, DTE Energy
- NAAQS Panel Discussion—SO2, ozone, PM2.5, NO2 PDF
- Moderated by Kurt A. Kissling, Attorney, Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Panelists: G. Vinson Hellwig, Air Quality Division Chief, MDEQ; Jessie Rossman, Legal Fellow, Natural Resources Defense Council, Midwest Office; Dr. George Wolff, Principal Scientist, Air Improvement Resource, Inc.
- The Changing NAAQS Review Process PDF
- Greenhouse Gas Overview PDF, S. Lee Johnson, Partner, Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLP
- Boiler/CISWI PDF, Robert Bessette, President, Council of Industrial Boiler Owners
Webinar: Siting Renewable Energy Projects
Originally Presented February 28, 2012
The Energy Committee of the State Bar of Environmental Law Section explores the state laws relevant to new energy development. This webinar provides a media-focused overview of the environmental regulatory and permitting regimes triggered by new energy projects in Michigan.
View the Webinar—The recorded webinar begins after a simple registration.
New Member Reception
The Environmental Law Section hosted a reception for new members, attorneys interested in membership, and law school students from Cooley and Michigan State University at GP Sports in Grand Rapids February 9. This is our third reception since September 2011, and we are very pleased that participation and interest increases at each event. The ELS welcomes new members Nick Andrew, Detroit; Anna Baumgras, Michiana Land Services, Inc.; and Molly Kuras, Rhoades McKee PC.
|Anna Maiuri, Section chair, Miller Canfield, with law school students from Cooley and Michigan State University.
||Warner Norcross & Judd attorneys Scott Hubbard and Dennis Donahue with Yasmeen Qadimasil.|
Joint Environmental Conference
Environmental Law Section 30th Anniversary
The Environmental Law Section celebrated its 30th anniversary Thursday, October 6, 2011, at the University Club in Lansing. The Section celebrated the past 30 years of environmental law, its lasting impact on Michigan, and what the future holds. The Environmental Law Section is the oldest environmental law section of a state bar in the country.
We thank our event sponsors—Miller Canfield, Warner Norcross & Judd, Barnes & Thornburg LLP, Butzel Long, DTE Energy, PM Environmental, Inc., Dickinson Wright PLLC, Bodman, Ordway Law Firm PLLC, Rhoades McKee PC, and AKT Peerless Environmental & Energy Services.
- Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill 829KB PDF, John Cruden, Environmental Law Institute
- Michigan Environmental Events 1.4MB PDF, Jack D. Bails, Public Sector Consultants, Inc.
|Anna Maiuri, John Cruden, & Claudia Rast
||Steve Price, Beth Bailey, Pete Bosanic, & Andy Foerg from PM Environmental, Inc.
2011 Annual Meeting Materials
Originally presented September 15, 2011
2011 Summer Program
Webinar—Michigan's New Energy Development
Air Quality Regulations in 2011: Greenhouse Gases and Beyond
Part 201 Update: Legislative Amendments and Recent Case Law
Sustainability and Climate Change Materials
2009 Annual Meeting Materials