Diveristy & Inclusion Public Resource Page
• Review concepts and ideas and make recommendations for support, implementation or other appropriate actions to SBM leadership, committees and other bar associated entities about SBM initiatives and programs addressing inclusion within the profession, and approaches to measuring progress in the area of diversity and inclusion.
• Provide guidance concerning efforts by bar associated entities such as the Diversity Project Workgroup of the Equal Access Initiative and subcommittees of SBM committees in seeking signatories to the "Pledge to Achieve Diversity and Inclusion in the Legal Profession in Michigan.”
• Identify tools and strategies to assess the current state of diversity and inclusion in the Michigan legal community that can be used to set meaningful benchmarks to measure improvements and progress;
• Develop concepts for recognizing best practices and exceptional achievements; and
• Provide public support to the SBM leadership and staff regarding communications with members of the profession and others about the goals and outcomes of diversity and inclusion activities.
Notes: This committee may have more than 15 members, and may include non-members.
2012-2013 Committee List PDF