Attorney Client Privilege in the Wake of Halifax
Date: Wednesday, June 25, 2014
The Health Care Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan invites you to attend a presentation discussing Attorney Client Privilege in the wake of Halifax. The presenter will be Andrea J. Bernard of Warner Norcross & Judd, a litigator who serves as her own firm’s Associate General Counsel.
Last year, a federal judge ordered Halifax Hospital Medical Center to turn over legal memoranda discussing physician compensation to the Department of Justice. In this webinar, Ms. Bernard will discuss the rules surrounding attorney-client privilege in Michigan, recent developments in the area of attorney-client privilege—including Halifax—as well as things every lawyer (both in-house and outside counsel) should understand about the attorney-client privilege.
GoToWebinar will be used in conjunction with our conference dial-in line, so participants will have the option to follow along with the presenter by viewing the program materials online during the presentation.
Presentation materials will be available for download 48 hours prior to the scheduled teleconference.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about calling in to the conference line and joining the webinar, as well as instructions on how to download the program materials.
Questions? Email HCLS Administrator Adrienne Nutter at email@example.com, or call (313) 566-9221.
Listen to Past Teleconferences
The audio from many of our past teleconferences is available for download on the Seminar Materials page.
- Reimbursement and APRNs: What Every Practitioner Should Know
- Michigan Health Professional Licensing- An Overview of the Investigation and Complaint Process
- Partner Benefits in the Aftermath of U.S. v. Windsor and DeBoer v. Snyder
- Michigan's Evolving Health Care Coverage Landscape
- Software Licenses: What You Don't Know Can Hurt You
- Anatomy of a HIPAA Breach
- Meaningful Use, Patient Portals and Exchanges
- Changes to the Hospital IPPS: Two Midnights & More
- Sunshine Rules
- Medicare Fundamentals: From Part A to Part D, Part 1 & 2
- Reporting Obligations: "Who ya gonna call?" Parts 1 & 2
- Pros and Cons: Certificate of Need in Michigan
- Hot Labor Topics for Health Care Lawyers
- Electronic Medical Record Adoption: Pitfalls for the Unwary
- POST: Physician Orders for Life Sustaining Treatment Issues
- The Pitfalls of Progress: Tricks and Traps of EMRs
- Retention of Overpayments: New Rules and Responsibilities
Timeline for Key Provisions of the
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act for 2013-2014
Mercedes Varasteh Dordeski, Foley & Mansfield, PLLP
Tariq Hafeez, Fausone Bohn LLP
View the Timeline PDF
Sign Up for Section Listservs Now
The Health Care Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan, through its committees and programs, provides a forum for members to meet, exchange ideas, and improve knowledge and skills.