Connect with Us
Annual Business Meeting
This event is offered in conjunction with the Bar's Annual Meeting
Date: Thursday, September 19, 2013
Time: 10:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
Location: Lansing Center, Lansing
Registration is requested to allow for proper facilities planning. Visit the Bar's Annual Meeting page for more details.
Masters in Litigation: Effective Jury Selection & Communication
Date: Thursday, October 10, 2013
Time: 8:30 a.m.-4:15 p.m.
Inn at St. John's, Plymouth [Directions]
Register with ICLE
Learn the Secrets of Highly Effective Jury Consultants
Jury selection is one of the most important parts of any civil trial, yet it remains one of the least understood and most overlooked components of trial preparation. Spend a day with national jury consultant Richard Gabriel and get an insider's look at the art and science of jury selection. Take home techniques and strategies to improve the outcomes of your cases by picking the right jury and using the right communication.
Attend and learn to:
- Identify the most common myths about juries
- Create an effective jury profile in your next case
- Determine what jurors are saying with their non-verbal communication
- Make successful peremptory challenges
- Customize your case to fit your jury
- Better position your case for settlement
- Create a stronger visual case
- Better understand and control how juries decide damages
- Incorporate the key elements of a good case story