Connect with Us
Masters in Litigation: The Cybersleuth's Guide to the Internet
Date: Wednesday, March 19, 2014
Time: 8:30 a.m.-4:15 p.m.
Inn at St. John's, Plymouth [Directions]
Register with ICLE
Improve Your Internet Investigative Skills
Learn how the Internet is changing the way legal professionals need to research and run their practice to competently represent their clients. Find out if failing to "Google" as part of the due diligence process could keep you from winning a case. Uncover the best research strategies and learn to master Google. Discover how lawyers are using free websites, including social networking sites, for discovery, trial preparation, background checks, and locating missing persons.
Don't be left behind in exploiting this gold mine of information that will assist you in meeting your investigative research obligations. Back by popular demand, and with a new 12th edition (revised) of "The Cybersleuth's Guide to the Internet," Carole A. Levitt and Mark E. Rosch, internationally recognized Internet trainers and authors of six American Bar Association books, show you how to be a cybersleuth to unearth information for FREE (or at low cost) on the Net.
- Develop top Internet search strategies
- Use social networking sites to gather valuable information
- Get background information from public databases
- Use Google searching to its best advantage
- Discover hidden search features, secrets, and shortcuts using the Internet
Deposition Skills Workshop
Date: May 18-20, 2014
Register with ICLE
Hone the Most Critical Skill in Your Litigation Toolbox
Depositions Are That Important
Your success with this single skill will have the greatest impact on your cases and your career as a litigator. Challenge yourself and invest in this intensive, one-on-one program to learn the practical, must-know elements of taking any type of deposition.
Using a mock case and real court reporters, develop your technique, practice better questions, employ smarter tactics, and sharpen your witness evaluation skills—all in a risk-free classroom environment. Whether you have taken many depositions or only a few, you owe it to yourself and your clients to enroll.
Benefits of Attending:
- Learn the dos and don'ts of witness preparation
- Pinpoint the deposition techniques that work best for you and each witness type
- Create clear, concise, and pointed questions, no matter who your witness is
- Learn winning cross-examination strategies
- Improve your listening skills