Meetings & Special Events
All Council meetings start at 5:30 p.m. Troy location: Morton's The Steakhouse, 888 W Big Beaver Rd #111, Troy [map]
- August 1, 2013—Summer Meeting, Amway Grand Hotel, Grand Rapids
- August 2, 2013—Golf, Thousand Oaks, Grand Rapids
- August 8, 2013—Education Event, MSU Education Center, Troy
- August 28, 2013—Council meeting, Morton's The Steakhouse, Troy
- September 18-20, 2013—SBM Annual Meeting, Lansing Center, Lansing
- September 19, 2013—Section Annual Meeting, Lansing Center, Lansing
Joint Social Event & Education Opportunity
The Insurance & Indemnity Law Section and the Negligence Law Section invite you to attend this joint social & education event.
Date: November 19, 2013
Time: Program: 4:30-5:30 p.m.; Reception: 5:30-7:00 p.m.
Location: Shield's of Southfield, 25101 Telegraph Rd, Southfield, MI 48034
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Litigator's Guide to Navigating the New Michigan Business Courts
Speaker Douglas Toering
Mr. Toering practices emphasizes four main areas: commercial litigation (including shareholder litigation and other business breakups), insurance disputes (including insurance subrogation and coverage disputes), business transactional matters (including business startups and shareholder buyouts), and family law (select cases).
Before opening his own firm, Mr. Toering practiced as in-house counsel for General Motors Corporation and later as a partner at Bowman & Brooke LLP (a national litigation firm that represents large companies in complex litigation). He is an office of the Council for the Business Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan, where he chairs the Commercial Litigation Committee, Small Business Forum, and the Law Schools Committee.
Need more information? Please contact Madelyne Lawry at Neglawsection@comcast.net.
View past issues of the Section's e-newsletter.