The State Bar of Michigan Real Property Law Section will host its annual summer conference from Wednesday, July 16, through Saturday, July 19, at the Grand Traverse Resort and Spa near Traverse City. The focus of this year's event, titled "What Goes Down Must Come Up," is advising clients about real estate in Michigan.
The seminar opens with a Wednesday evening welcoming reception. Highlights of the conference include:
- A Thursday morning panel discussion about issues that arise on the way to closing;
- A golf scramble at the Grand Traverse Spruce Run course, followed by a reception and section dinner;
- Workshops on Friday morning dealing with mortgage defaults, deeds in lieu, short sales, and foreclosures; health care real estate transactions; tax appeals; and property surveys;
- Friday and Saturday morning roundtable discussions on a variety of topics ranging from foreclosure and abandonment to reverse and subprime residential mortgages; and
- A conference-closing presentation by Mary Jane Pories, an award-winning actor and writer who uses improvisation acting skills to help businesses improve teamwork, communication, leadership, and creativity for teams or individuals.
The cost to attend the conference for those who register on or before Thursday, May 15, is $250 for Real Property Law Section members who are first-time attendees, $295 for all other section members, and $345 for section non-members. The registration fee after May 15 is $295 for section members who are first-time attendees, $350 for all other section members, and $400 for section non-members.