Borrow a Book | Complete Lending List
The Essential Form Book: Comprehensive Management Tools for Lawyers, Volume III
by Gary A. Munneke and Anthony E. Davis
Lending Library Number: 18
NOTE: Due to licensing restrictions, the CD that accompanies this book is not available for loan.
Volume III, Part I, covers calendar, docket, and file management, including document backup, retention, destruction, and security. Part II outlines law firm financial analysis, including financial analysis of risks that all law firms confront.
Among the systems that are critical to good practice management are controlling calendars and dockets; managing time and deadlines; recording and retrieving client information; managing finances, including billing, collections, financial records; and accounting for client funds. The Essential Form Book, Volume III provides you with the resources you'll need to adapt sound, proven practices in all these areas. First, the concepts and systems involved in implementing each practice technique are explained in detail. Then, checklists, forms, models, and other resources are provided on an accompanying CD to allow you to easily implement the concepts at your firm.
Part I: Calendar, Docket, and File Management Extensive information on:
Valuable forms, checklists and other documents including:
- Calendar and docket control systems
- Personal information managers
- Docket control
- Perpetual calendar
- Filing procedures and policy
- File destruction and retention
- Information and file retrieval
- Physical security of documents and files
- and much more!
Part II: Law Firm Financial Management Detailed information on:
- Office systems checklist
- Multiple document retention policy forms
- Numerous file retention/retrieval/destruction letters, schedules, and documents
- Employee confidentiality agreement
- Several audit response letters
- File release letters
- Profile of legal malpractice claims, 1996-1999
Forms, letters, and documents including:
- Assessing the financial strengths and weaknesses of individual firms
- An introduction to financial statements
- Receivables: time outstanding and in relation to revenues
- Expenditures: where is the money going?
- Distributable income per partner
- Debt analysis
- Partner compensation structures
- Managing the client's funds
- Trust accounts
- Law firm business structures
- and much more!
- Balance sheets
- Profit and loss statement
- Distributable income analysis
- Compensation mix analysis
- Comparative compensation analysis
- Ratio calculation worksheet
- Model rules and model code
- Model lawyers' trust account policy
- and much more