Associate as Rainmaker: Building Your Business Brain, The
By David King Keller
Lending Library Number: 160
An associate's mid- and long-term success relies on building a foundation of relationships that are created during a lawyer's early years. This book is your guide to specific actions for mastering the game, offering attorneys of all experience levels useful insights into how a rainmaker gets results.
Broken into four thorough sections—Being a Rainmaker, Brain Basics, Rainmaker Techniques, and Tips from the Front Line—The Associate as Rainmaker contains specific techniques for business development, including:
- Business development time slots
- The art and science of selling
- Creating an optimal performance state
- Business development for shy attorneys
- The art and science of rapport
- Thirty-four steps to grow any practice
The book also includes a business development checklist that contains tips for each year you're an associate, as well as several appendices with exercises, goals sheets, and time management forms.