The Probate and Estate Planning Section sponsors seminars, webcasts, on-demand, and video presentations with ICLE. Registration is available from ICLE at www.icle.org.
53rd Annual Probate & Estate Planning Institute
May 9-11, 2013, Acme
June 14-15, 2013, Plymouth
Register with ICLE
Secure Your Clients for Generations
Dynamic featured speakers share the latest federal tax changes and the key reasons for decanting trusts, plus how to leverage social media in your practice. Hear Jonathan Blattmachr on the future of law practice, Louis Harrison on drafting joint trusts, and Robert Fleming on special concerns with aging clients. This is national level CLE with a Michigan focus—you can't afford to miss it!
Attend in Acme for the Trust and Estate Administration Track, plus great leisure activities. Attend in Plymouth for the Litigation Track, plus a one-and-a-half day schedule for less time out of the office. NEW this year, all registrants receive access to audio recordings from both tracks regardless of which you attend.
New to practice? Make the contacts you need, learn the basics of durable powers of attorney, funding trusts, and the Medicaid application in the Core Concepts Track, and get all your questions answered. Jump-start your career and learn what's essential to a successful practice.
Attend and learn to:
- Run your entire estate planning practice from your iPad
- Administer estate and trusts with unique assets using an updated and expanded asset chart
- Better assist clients facing end-of-life decisions by understanding the medical decision-making process
- Master recent Michigan legislation, court opinions and procedures including decanting trusts
- Supercharge your durable powers of attorney with the powers that matter most
- Create a manageable online marketing strategy that gets results
- Handle unique estate planning issues for remarrying seniors
- Tailor the perfect estate plan for young families
- Grasp the latest Medicaid changes, including estate recovery, and employ today's best planning strategies
New this year: Choose "electronic download only" seminar materials format and save $25 with coupon code SAVE25 at checkout.
Basics of Advising Elderly Clients & Those with Disabilities
Date: June 18, 2013
Drafting an Estate Plan for an Estate Under $5 Million
Date: Wednesday, June 26, 2013;
9 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Location: Inn at St. John's, Plymouth
Register with ICLE
Understand the best solutions to typical issues found in drafting for an estate under $5 million. In this unique, hands-on seminar, participants work in groups to plan and present their solutions to a hypothetical case study. A leading probate law practitioner guides discussion, critiques each group, and lectures on selected topics. Everyone receives a complete set of faculty-drafted sample documents.
Limited to 21 participants, this seminar delivers focused faculty attention and the opportunity to hear from your colleagues. Participants also have a chance to talk one-on-one with faculty at the included luncheon.
This seminar is limited to Probate & Estate Planning Certificate Program participants and requires advanced preparation.