In order to safeguard your member information, changes to your member record must be provided in one of the following ways:
- Login to SBM Member Area with your login name and password and make the changes online.
- Complete contact information change form and return by e-mail, fax, or mail. Be sure to include your full name and P-number when submitting correspondence.
Name Change Request Form—Supporting documentation is required
- Fax form to Member Records at (517) 372-1139.
- Mail form to State Bar of Michigan, Member Records, 306 Townsend St., Lansing, MI 48933-2012.
- e-Mail completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: On September 26, 2001, the Michigan Supreme Court amended Rule 2 of the Rules Concerning the State Bar of Michigan, eliminating the requirement that members of the Bar provide their home addresses to the Bar. Under the amendment, a business address will be sufficient unless it is a mailing address only. Although Rule 2 had included a "residence address" requirement since its inception, the Bar had not requested such information for many years. Read the full amendment.