The Taxation Section of the State Bar of Michigan is pleased to announce that it will make available funds of up to $10,000 for grants to qualifying organizations that provide taxpayer assistance to low income individuals.
Organizations seeking a grant should make a proposal to the Taxation Section by March 15, 2014. A grant proposal should include the following information:
- The name, address, and phone number of the organization (including the name of a contact person).
- The federal employer identification number of the organization.
- A copy of the letter from the Internal Revenue Service qualifying the organization as tax-exempt.
- The amount of funds sought and a detailed description of the proposed project or program, its goals, and the intended use of the grant money.
- A description of other potential sources of funds.
- A disclosure of any relationship between the organization and any current or former member of the Taxation Section Council.
For more information, please contact Council member Marla Carew at email@example.com.
2010 Grant Awards
- Accounting Aid Society
- Legal Aid & Defender Association, Inc.
- U of M Low Income Tax Clinic
- Michigan Poverty Law Program
- MSU Low Income Tax Clinic
- Baxter Clinic