2022 SBM Election Nominating Petitions Due April 30
Michigan lawyers are advised that the following elections will be held in June 2022:
- A statewide election for a non-judicial member of the Judicial Tenure Commission
- Elections for 68 members of the Representative Assembly in 40 judicial circuits
- Elections for seven members of the Board of Commissioners in five commissioner districts
- Elections for members of the Young Lawyers Section Executive Council in three districts
Vacancy information and nominating petitions are available in the 2022 State Bar of Michigan Election Notice, which also was published in the March 2022 issue of the Michigan Bar Journal. Petitions may be used to submit your name for one of the elected positions at the State Bar of Michigan or Judicial Tenure Commission. Petitions must be filed with the State Bar, not earlier than Friday, April 1, 2022, nor later than Saturday, April 30, 2022. Send your completed petitions via email to Carrie Sharlow, email@example.com.
Please use the following procedures for completing and submitting petitions:
- Scan and email your completed petitions to firstname.lastname@example.org, rather than faxing or mailing them.
- Nominating petitions may be submitted no earlier than April 1, 2022, and no later than April 30, 2022.
- As a substitute for physical signatures, “electronic confirmation of nomination” may be submitted in the following format:
I support the nomination of [CANDIDATE ATTORNEY’S NAME] to serve on the [POSITION] for the [XX] District/Circuit.
My office is located in the [XX] District/Circuit.
[NOMINATING ATTORNEY’S NAME]
[NOMINATING ATTORNEY’S P NUMBER]
[NOMINATING ATTORNEY’S OFFICE ADDRESS]
- All “electronic confirmation signatures” must be attached and emailed to email@example.com when submitting a nominating petition.
Electronic ballots for the 2022 election will be distributed no later than June 1, 2022, and must be received, postmarked, or completed online no later than June 15, 2022. Ballots will be sent to the email address on file with the State Bar. To ensure you receive a ballot and notifications about the election, please make certain that the State Bar has your current email address on file at e.michbar.org/Account/My-Profile.
If you have questions, contact Marge Bossenbery at firstname.lastname@example.org or Carrie Sharlow at email@example.com.
Posted March 24, 2022