Risk Management: Survival Tools for Law Firms (Second Edition)
By Anthony E. Davis & Peter R. Jarvis
Lending Library Number: 116
NOTE: Due to licensing restrictions, the CD that accompanies this book is not available for loan.
Risk Management: Survival Tools for Law Firms helps your firm establish solid policies, procedures, and systems to minimize risk. This completely revised edition and accompanying CD provides a comprehensive overview of risk management, offers a practical approach to risk management evaluation, and steps to take to create a "best practice" plan.
You'll learn the three elements of effective risk management policy: how to establish uniform standards; be ready for compliance with minimum intrusion and expense into other areas of the practice; and how to develop strategies to control risk. Using case studies and Quality/In Control Survey for law firms questionnaires to evaluate your firm's state of risk management, this book provides solutions tailored to your organization.
This edition has been updated to include the many ways the digital age has affected risk for the modern law practice, allowing you to meet today's legal accountability head-on. Using a practical self-audit tool, the book enables lawyers to consider how well their firms are addressing each of the key components of effective risk management.
- Why risk management is essential to ensuring the best client service
- How a good plan maximizes your firm's profitability
- The role of self-audits and how to conduct one
- Why risk management matters, no matter how established or young your firm may be
- What to do when disaster strikes
- How to avoid hidden costs, like time and billings lost, by focusing on this critical matter