2012 Solo & Small Firm Legal Technology Guide, The
By Michael C. Maschke, Sharon D. Nelson, and John W. Simek
Lending Library Number: 158
This annual guide is the only one of its kind written to help solo and small firm lawyers find the best technology for their dollar. You'll find the most current information and recommendations on computers, servers, networking equipment, legal software, printers, security products, smartphones, the iPad and anything else a law office might need. It's written in clear, easily understandable language to make implementation easier if you choose to do it yourself, or you can use it in conjunction with your IT consultant. Either way, you'll learn how to make technology work for you.
- Impartial best-of-breed recommendations for hardware and software
- A guide to social media usage by lawyers—its riches and risks
- How to access your data from anywhere—and be secure!
- An analysis of the evolving smartphone market
- The latest in case management, time and billing and document assembly programs
- Taking your practice paperLESS and improving your bottom line
- How to protect your firm from security threats, including viruses, spyware, and spam
- A look at what's coming in legal tech during the next year