2014 Solo & Small Firm Legal Technology Guide, The
By Michael C. Maschke, Sharon D. Nelson, and John W. Simek
Lending Library Number: 186
This annual guide is the only one of its kind written to help solo and small firm lawyers find the best technology for their dollar. You'll find the most current information and recommendations on computers, servers, networking equipment, legal software, printers, security products, smartphones, the iPad, and anything else a law office might need. It's written in clear, easily understandable language to make implementation easier if you choose to do it yourself, or you can use it in conjunction with your IT consultant. Either way, you'll learn how to make technology work for you.
- Updated recommendations for hardware & software for PCs & Macs
- Is it time to upgrade to Windows 8 or should you avoid it?
- Smartphones—which phones are best for lawyers?
- Secure cloud implementations
- How can lawyers use social media ethically & effectively?
- Favorite utilizes & apps for lawyers
- Securing your data (even from our own government)
- Where legal technology is heading in 2015