Lawyer's Guide to Fact Finding on the Internet, The (Third Edition)
By Carole A. Levitt & Mark E. Rosch
Lending Library Number: 52
NOTE: Due to licensing restrictions, the CD that accompanies this book is not available for loan.
This up-to-date and expanded third edition is a complete hands-on guide that shares the secrets, shortcuts, and realities of conducting fact finding on the Internet. Written for legal professionals, this comprehensive desk reference lists, categorizes, and describes hundreds of free and fee-based Internet sites. Useful for investigations, depositions, and trial presentations, as well as company and medical research, gathering competitive intelligence, finding expert witnesses, and fact checking of all kinds. The book also includes information on browsers, search engines, Weblogs, library databases, public records, and much, much more. In addition, a CD-ROM features all the links contained in the book in one handy PDF file. Find the link you're looking for, and click on the hyperlink to take you there—no typing of URLs required!
This valuable book will help you:
- Select relevant research sources
- Access subjects guides, newsgroups, and listserves
- Find experts on the web
- Get news on the web
- Research companies, public records, and backgrounds
- Use the web for competitive intelligence
- Conduct medical, statistical, international research
- and more!
In addition, this may be the most user-friendly Internet research book available for legal professionals today, and here's why. It contains:
- An icon system to immediately identify free sites, free-with-registration sites, and pay sites
- Practical tips and advice on using specific sites, alerting readers to quirks or hard-to-find information
- An easy-to-use topical structure, organized the way lawyers think, starting with the best sites first
- Over 150 screen shots of the specific web sites discussed
- Over 700 pages, containing more factual categories, more pages, completely updated URLs
- and much more!
You're guaranteed to improve and enhance your Internet research skills with this comprehensive resource. You'll find hundreds of web sites useful for investigations, depositions, trial presentations, and more. You'll soon fill your "favorites" folder with dozens of useful sites you can use every day. So, stop wasting time on the Internet, and make the Internet work for you!