Read the Spring Newsletter Now
Dear members and friends:
We at the Prisons and Corrections Section hope you and your families are staying safe and healthy during this difficult time. We are happy to share the spring 2020 issue of our newsletter, the Forum. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak and the state of emergency in Michigan, printing and mailing services are not available, but the State Bar offered to send this issue in electronic format.
The work of the section continues during the emergency. The council continues to meet and has participated in discussions with SBM leadership on important information to alert Michigan attorneys and the general public. The section has also provided recommendations to the SBM for statutory and court rule improvements, described in this issue, along with descriptions from our council on how COVID-19 restrictions have affected their work.
On behalf of the section, we wish you all the best.
Chair, Prisons and Corrections Section
Read the spring 2020 issue now PDF | Digital Version
In this issue:
- COVID-19 Impact on the Work of the Section
- Program Notes
- SADO Fights to Get People Home During COVID-19 Outbreak
- Michigan Department of Corrections Response to COVID-19
- COVID-19 Communal Resolve
- Safe & Just Michigan
- The COVID-19 Response in Ingham County
- Restrictions on Prisoner Visits Impact Professional Probation & Parole Consulting
- Prisoner Class Action Filed to Enforce Safe COVID-19 Practices
- Michigan Joint Task Force on Jail & Pretrial Incarceration Presents Data-Driven Recommendations for Reform
- Medication-Assisted Treatment Reentry Program