Special Delivery for all Metro Detroit Attorneys!
Free Legal Answers, the pro bono website designed and developed by the American Bar Association, recently partnered with the State Bar of Michigan to develop and bring MI Free Legal Answers to Michigan. The ABA and SBM launched a MI Free Legal Answers pilot project in Genesee County in 2017, eventually expanding to Midland, Lapeer, and Saginaw counties. MI Free Legal Answers is now expanding to Macomb, Oakland, and Wayne counties.
In partnership with Lakeshore Legal Aid, low-income Metro Detroit residents will now be able to have their legal questions answered by pro bono attorneys.
But we need your help to make MI Free Legal Answers a success!
What is MI Free Legal Answers™?
MI.freelegalanswers.org is a pro bono website where attorneys provide answers to legal questions posted to the website by low-income clients. The program is administered by the State Bar of Michigan, and was designed and developed by the American Bar Association.
Why MI Free Legal Answers™?
- Attorneys choose the legal questions they want to respond to at any time, from anywhere.
- There is no required minimum time commitment.
- Clients know that you will not go to court with them or prepare any paperwork.
- Participating attorneys are automatically covered by a $1 million malpractice insurance policy provided by the ABA for all interactions by pro bono attorneys within the website.
- The site is mobile friendly and participating attorneys can help clients from their phone or tablet.
Who Can Participate?
All attorneys who are licensed and in good standing with the State Bar of Michigan can participate. To register, simply go to MI Free Legal Answers and sign up for an account!
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the Attorney FAQs at mi.freelegalanswers.org/AttorneyFAQ.
Visit the training link.