By Scott R. Lesser, Miller Canfield
Join fellow Section members for the inaugural run of the Real Property Law Section’s Real Estate Outlook on October 17, 7:30 a.m. at the Detroit Athletic Club. The Outlook’s premise is simple: To be most useful to our respective clients and companies, we must better understand how our work fits into the bigger economic picture. What market opportunities, legal issues, and business concerns will matter most to you in six months?
This program could not be timelier. The nation is in the midst of a near-unprecedented economic recovery period. But is the recovery winding down, or will it churn along contentedly? The Real Estate Outlook will offer insight into the current economic environment in the United States, including a near-term outlook, provided by Robert Dye, Comerica Bank’s chief economist. The bank’s customers, business leaders, and policy-makers all turn to Mr. Dye for a glimpse of the future. In 2015, Mr. Dye received the Lawrence R. Klein Award for the most accurate 4-year economic forecast. Expect an entertaining, interesting, and informative presentation on the complicated economy in which we find ourselves.
After hearing from Mr. Dye, we will digest his presentation with a lively discussion of its relationship to Michigan’s economy and the world we will face every day. This program is relevant not just to real estate and other attorneys, but to brokers, developers, property owners, title company representatives—anyone whose business is rooted in real estate.
- Gain a better understanding of the current economic environment of the United States and recent developments.
- Learn what more esoteric topics, like monetary policy, mean for your business.
- Develop confidence, attract clients, and impress partners.
- Gain insight into how your practice may be impacted by economic trends.
- Network with some of the leading Michigan real estate lawyers, brokers, and other professionals.
Limited space available. Register now!