Summer Steak Fry 2021
Welcome back the MCBA's Summer Steak Fry on Thursday, August 26, 2021 at 5:30 p.m.
RSVP* by August 13 to Lindsay Canan at firstname.lastname@example.org or (231) 747-7160.
*Important note: If you RSVP to attend but cannot attend, kindly notify us before our headcount is submitted to MYC on August 13th COB to avoid receiving an invoice for the cost of your meal. Please understand that this policy has been adopted to avoid incurring unnecessary expenses for our bar association members.
View the Flyer for More Information
Recent Documents from the Muskegon County Circuit/Probate/Family Court
Dear members, please review the recent announcements from the Muskegon County Courts:
- A Message Regarding Circuit Court Records Filing Policies and Procedures from the Bar Association Board of Directors
- A Zoom Hearing Chart by Judge
- Electronic Submission of Evidence/Exhibits Policy
- Judges' Use of Virtual Hearings Chart
Muskegon County Circuit Court Records E-Filing
With the Hall of Justice and County departments opening back up to the public beginning July 1, 2021, Circuit Court Records will no longer be accepting e-filing for filing documents with Circuit Court Records beginning July 1, 2021. Circuit Court Records will be open Monday–Thursday, 10:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m., along with Friday, July 9, 2021, to accept document filings. There will be three ways to file documents with Circuit Court Records.
- Drop box located just outside of the Circuit Court Records Office on the 6th Floor. Please be sure that your filings are placed in an envelope prior to dropping your filings in the mail box as to avoid separation of the documents;
- In person during the hours listed above.
For any document requests or questions, the CCR.Requests@co.muskegon.mi.us address will still be active, or you may call the office and leave a message at (231) 724-6251. Thank you for your efforts in working with Circuit Court Records while we strive to return back to some normalcy after a year of building shutdowns due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
To Members of our Criminal Defense Bar:
We will be having a meeting Wednesday, March 31, at noon to consider the applications of these laws to our practices here in Muskegon. I will be in my courtroom and there will be some space available. I expect most of you will want to “Zoom in.” Our zoom number is 7370931712.
This is most definitely a “working session” as I suspect most of us will be cramming this weekend and have, at this point, more questions than answers. And this session will be limited pretty much to circuit court work. We will be busy enough on that alone.
If any of you have seen some good, practical outlines or forms, please pass along. I am happy to import wisdom from any available sources. (But I think we all have seen the 39 page memo, so need to send that along.)
Judge Timothy Hicks
Announcement from Muskegon County Circuit Records Regarding In-Person Access
Dear MCBA member, please read the following press release from the Muskegon County Courts regarding limiting in-person access to courthouses.
2021 Michigan Mock Trial—Volunteers Needed
Dear member, 2021 Michigan Mock Trial volunteers are needed to assess and encourage developing young legal minds! Please review the flyer to learn more information.
Email addresses for 14th Circuit/Family Court:
Please encourage clients to sign-up for a MiChildSupport account at the following link, so they can access information regarding their child support accounts:
Check our social media accounts for regular updates:
Questions? Contact Sandra Vanderhyde, Circuit Court Administrator: email@example.com
Family Law Meeting Additional Links
Dear member, please find these additional useful links for resources referenced during today’s Family Law Section meeting.
Announcement: Law Day 2021
We need your help! The Law Day Committee is in need of someone to assist in judging the Art competition and volunteers to work with area school children for the Speech Contest. Learn more information.
Contact Vee Boeringa at firstname.lastname@example.org or Belinda Barbier at Belinda@attorneybarbier.com for more information. Thank you!
Vee Boergina, Law Day 2021
Belinda Barbier, Law Day 2021
Three Items of Interest for December
- MC FOC Processes. Files containing complete information are below
- Year-end deadlines for filings in Muskegon Circuit Court records:
- • Circuit Court Records will be closed the Wednesday before Christmas Eve Day, Christmas Eve Day, and Christmas Day. Circuit Court Records will also be closed the Wednesday before New Year’s Eve Day, New Year’s Eve Day, and New Year’s Day.
- • Beginning January 8, 2021, Circuit Court Records will be closed every Friday for the months of January and February.
- • Circuit Court Records continue to have e-filing services available as well as regular mail filings; however, these filings will not be processed on the dates listed above.
- • Please visit our website for further instructions on how to conduct business with our office.
- • Questions? Contact Linda Larsen, Chief Deputy County Clerk, email@example.com.
- The Muskegon County Public Defender’s Office is hiring for multiple full-time positions:
Muskegon 14th Circuit Recovery Court program, presided by Chief Judge Hicks, is now accepting referrals for both men and women who have been charged with a felony offense that is linked to the use of drugs or alcohol.
- • The referral form includes all other eligibility criteria for participants.
- • Recovery Court referrals can be sent to the Recovery Court Case Manager, Nicole Falconer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation of 2020 Barrister’s Ball
Dear Bar Members,
Due to the current health crisis and surge in Muskegon County COVID-19 cases, the board has decided to cancel the 2020 Barrister's Ball.
We appreciate your understanding as we all work together to combat this pandemic. We wish you and your loved ones a safe and healthy holiday season and look forward to celebrating with you at next year's Ball, which has been scheduled for December 3, 2021.
Your MCBA Board
Muskegon County Prosecutor's Office - Assistant Prosecuting Attorney I
Please review this flyer for a Assistant Prosecuting Attorney I position provided by the Muskegon County Prosecutor's Office.
Announcement: Executive Director Mediation & Restorative Services Open Position
Job Title: Executive Director
Hours: Full-time Salary Position
Reports To: Mediation & Restorative Services Board of Directors About Mediation & Restorative Services
To Apply: Please email to email@example.com a resume and cover letter.
Questions? Please see the original listing for further information.
Deadline to apply is November 11, 2020
Announcements from the 14th Circuit Court, 60th District Court, & Muskegon County Probate Court
Dear members, please review for your records:
- A press release regarding the Muskegon County Courts. As a result of an increase in local COVID-19 cases in the last two weeks, the courts are required to revert back to phase II of its reopening plan, requiring more restrictive conditions in terms of how the public interacts with the court and court staff.
In addition, we are providing you with the following attached resources to help you navigate through this change:
- Hall of Justice Schedule
- Handout for Conducting Business with the Courts Remotely
- Memorandum re Court Hearings During Phase II
Announcement: Signed Orders
Please see the following instructions for obtaining signed orders from Muskegon Circuit Court Records.
Resources for Muskegon Courts During the Pandemic
For your convenience, we have gathered important information regarding doing business with MC Courts during the pandemic.
- • Here is a recording of the MCBA Meeting with MC Court Administrators.
- • Scan Me Screening Tool is a visitor’s pre-scan tool. Scan the linked QR code on your smartphone, and you will be taken to a self-screening tool that will allow you to get pre-approval to enter the courthouse. The goal is to cut down on lines entering the courthouse. You will still need to have your temperature taken when you arrive at the courthouse. Provided is an 8 ½ x 11 sheet of QR codes that employees may use.
- • This Conducting Business Handout includes important email address and phone numbers for the courts as well as links to forms.
- • This In-Person Trial LAO outlines parameters for conducting in-person jury proceedings during the COVID 19 pandemic.
Questions? Please contact MC Court Administration at (231) 724-6520.