Open Position—Westshore Law Seeking Legal Secretary
This position is hourly, Monday-Friday, from 9 to 5.
It does not offer fringe benefits but does offer many perks.
While not required, experience with Medicaid, estate planning, elder law, and probate court is a plus.
Submit cover letter with hourly-fee requirements and resume to Allison@Westshorelaw.com.
The Muskegon County Office of the Public Defender is seeking conflict attorneys to take cases for criminal misdemeanors and felonies, delinquency proceedings, and neglect/abuse cases.
Resumes are being collected to create a pool of attorneys to handle conflict cases as needed.
Cases are paid on an hourly/per diem rate depending on the type of case.
If interested, please contact Manda Mitteer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Liberty Bell Award
In conjunction with Law Day, our association also sponsors the Liberty Bell Award, which will be awarded, Friday 28 April as a part of the Law Day luncheon celebration at the Lake House in Muskegon.
We are asking for your help in seeking nominations for this Award.
The Liberty Bell Award recognizes outstanding service performed by a citizen who has given time and energy to strengthen the effectiveness of the American system of justice and to improve, or solve, community needs. Such service may include:
1. Promoting a better understanding of our Constitution and the Bill of Rights,
2. Encouraging a greater respect for the law and citizenship,
3. Contributing to the effective functioning of our institutions of government and,
4. Stimulating a deeper sense of individual responsibility, helping others to solve their own problems by assisting them with a realistic, concrete plan, and connecting them to the correct resources that help them implement it,
5. Providing motivation, reminders, further resources, and revised plans. Strongly encouraging individual contribution and participation throughout the process.
Please return the form no later than Wednesday, April 12 to:
Alisha L. Riedl, Law Day Program Chair 2017
990 Terrace Street, 5th Floor
Muskegon, MI 49442
Direct Line: (231) 724-6473; Fax: (231) 724-6685
Open Position Director, Oceana County Friend of the Court
The position of Director, Oceana County Friend of the Court will be open effective May 1, 2017 as a result of the retirement of the current Friend of the Court.
See job description here.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume no later than January 31, 2017 to:
Hon. Bradley G. Lambrix
Presiding Family Court Judge
27th Judicial Circuit Court, Family Division
100 State Street
Hart, Michigan 49420
2017 Crime Prevention Program
We are scheduled to present the program at 10 different schools but we can’t be effective at reaching our youth without your help. Here’s how it works:
Please e-mail DJ Hilson email@example.com or Cynthia Shyne firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to help.
- We arrange for members of the law community to share with middle school students how they can make positive choices, by sharing how you (attorneys) have succeeded in your careers.
- There are 5 or 6 speakers for each school, including a judge, prosecutor, probation and parole agent, juvenile and police officer, and sometimes, an ex-offender.
- Speakers rotate, speaking for 10 to 15 min per classroom.
- Select the school you want to visit from this list.
Please visit the link to the 2017 Michigan Child Support Formula Manual and to the new Uniform Child Support Order and Addendum forms.
- These forms need to be used beginning January 1st.
- The link also provides an explanation of the changes made to the forms to comply with the updated Michigan Child Support Formula.
At our Annual Meeting on Thursday 19 May, the following members were elected to the Board of Directors:
Brandon D. Davis.......................... email@example.com
Jonathan R. Hoogstra..................... firstname.lastname@example.org
Kevin M. Huss ............................... email@example.com
Hon. Raymond J. Kostrzewa, Jr. ..... firstname.lastname@example.org
Matthew D. Mills .......................... email@example.com
Manda J. Mitteer .......................... firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachel L. Terpstra.......................... email@example.com
Alana L. Wiaduck .......................... firstname.lastname@example.org
Following the annual meeting, the Board of Directors elected the following Officers:
Kevin M. Huss ............... President
Alana L. Wiaduck .......... Vice President
Rachel L. Terpstra ......... Treasurer
Manda Mitteer.............. Secretary
On behalf of the Board and the other officers, we are looking forward to working with, and on the behalf of, the members of the Muskegon County Bar Association!