Executive Director Legal Aid Western Michigan
Legal Aid of Western Michigan seeks an Executive Director to lead this non-profit organization in its mission to secure justice and protect rights of low-income individuals unable to obtain and pay for legal services in civil matters by the provision of high quality legal representation and counsel.
It is the intention of LAWM to complete the search and hiring process by December 31, 2018, so a strict timeline will be observed.
- Deadline is 5:00 p.m., October 15, 2018.
- Applications should include a cover letter, detailing the candidate’s qualifications, resume, writing sample, contact information for three professional references, and salary.
- Email application to email@example.com in Word or PDF format.
- Direct Inquiries to Molly Schlatter, Director of Finance, firstname.lastname@example.org, (616) 774-0672.
View online here. View for more details.
MCBA Social Hour
Date: Thursday, September 20, 2018
Time: 5:00-7:00 p.m.
Location: Hennessy’s Pub, 885 Jefferson St, Muskegon
Open bar and light appetizers. Members only please! No RSVP necessary
Muskegon County Assistant Prosecutor Wanted
The responsibilities of an assistant prosecutor include: the analysis of warrant requests; conducting pretrial conferences, bench trials and jury trials; working with other law enforcement agencies for the drafting of search warrants; and any other duties as assigned by the prosecuting attorney. More Information
MI Supreme Court County Community Connections Program & Luncheon with Local Judges and Supreme Court Justices
Date: Wednesday, October 24, 2018
Time: 10:00 a.m.; luncheon at noon
Location: Reeths-Puffer Auditorium, 1545 N. Roberts Rd, Muskegon
Started in 2007, the program is aimed principally at high schools students, with the goal of helping them understand the appellate courts and Michigan’s judicial system. To prepare for the oral argument, students will meet with local attorneys, to discuss the case that the Court will hear. After the argument, students participate in a debriefing with the attorneys who argued the case, and also have an opportunity to meet the justices.
We would like to invite you to attend this momentous event as our guest. The oral arguments begin promptly at 10:00 a.m.
- *Since everyone will go through security, please arrive by 9:30 a.m.
- *Oral arguments and briefing will last approximately an hour. The case to be argued is People v. Mead, 501 Mich 1029; 908 NW2d 546 (2018).
- *Followed by a reception with the Supreme Court Justices, and will conclude at noon.
- *Please park in the lot on the Roberts Road side, and enter the school through the Rocket Centre for the Performing Arts entrance on the north side.
- *Kindly contact Marie Frees at (231) 724-6203 or email@example.com by October 1, 2018 to RSVP or if you have questions.
Additionally, as a local attorney, you are also invited to join the local Judges and Supreme Court Justices for lunch at noon.
- *There is limited seating, so please include in your RSVP if you will be attending lunch.
- *The program concludes after lunch.
Office Space Available
Office space available for rent in the historic Queen Anne house, the Hovey House.
The Hovey House is located in downtown Muskegon near all of the downtown attractions, including the courthouse, Frauenthal, and Heritage Landing. The Hovey House is home to Bleakley Law Offices and seven other businesses.
The open office space is on the first floor and is 231 square feet. It has a beautiful fireplace, chandelier, and built-in bookcases. Rental of the office includes the use of the conference room and kitchen. It is $600.00/month + $20.00 internet connection.
Please call Michele at (231) 722-3733 to inquire.
Parmenter Law Legal Assistant Position
Parmenter Law is actively seeking applicants for a full-time civil litigation legal assistant position. Applicants should be highly motivated, have strong communication skills, and be proficient in writing, grammar, and Microsoft Word and Excel. The candidate must have exceptional customer service and organization skills. The candidate should also have experience in preparing and managing pleadings with an emphasis in family law. Interested applicants should send a resume to Lisa Spyke at LisaSpyke@parmenterlaw.com.
Parmenter Law is the leading law firm on the lakeshore, providing expert legal advice and practical solutions to individuals and businesses located in West Michigan and throughout the country. The Parmenter team works together in a collaborative environment to deliver outstanding counsel and unmatched customer service, while maintaining and enjoying a healthy life/work balance. Benefits include 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, and disability insurance.
Open Position Managing Attorney Muskegon Office
Legal Aid of Western Michigan (LAWM) has a position open for a Managing Attorney in the Muskegon office.
LAWM is LSC-funded and represents low-income individuals and families in a wide variety of poverty law areas including domestic violence, housing, public benefits, and consumer issues. The Muskegon office has 4 other attorneys and 2 support staff. Please see the full listing for complete details regarding the position, qualification, duties, and salary/benefits.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members Composite Photo Order & Pickup
Pictures are complete and you may order your individual or bar composite photos. First off, thank you for your cooperation in making our MCBA composite photo a big success! MCBA Officer Alana Wiaduck has negotiated a good value with very reasonable rates for bar members.
- • Please see the attached order form.
- • Other sizes and products are available, including Christmas card options.
- • Orders will be ready within one week.
- • Contact Charlie at Radium Photo directly.
- • Best way to order photos would be to stop in, email, or call.
Charlie, Radium Photo
835 Terrace St.
Muskegon, MI 49440231.726.3803