Open Position: Staff Attorney-Legal Aid of Western Michigan-Muskegon Office
The Muskegon office handles cases in Muskegon, Lake, Mason, Newaygo, Oceana, Osceola counties. Complete information is attached in PDF format.
Please send resume, cover letter and writing sample to:
Rachael Koeson, Executive Assistant, LAWM
25 Division Avenue South, Suite 300
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Date: Friday, November 9, 2018
Time: 4:00 p.m.
Location: Courtroom of the Hon. Timothy G. Hicks, 6th Floor, Hall of Justice, 990 Terrace St, Muskegon
You are invited to attend the swearing-in of new attorneys Nicole Marie Osborn and Katelyn Elizabeth Kerbate on November 9, 2018, at 4:00 p.m., at the Courtroom of the Hon. Timothy G. Hicks, 6th Floor, Hall of Justice.
Lunch & Learn
Date: Wednesday, November 14, 2018
Time: Noon–1:00 p.m.
Location: Holiday Inn, 939 3rd St, Muskegon
Please join us for a lively discussion, and as always, your membership dues cover the cost of your meal and the presentation. Questions will be taken from the floor as time permits.
- • Our presenter will be Hon. Maria Ladas Hoopes.
- • Topic of conversation will be the new Eviction Prevention Court.
- • Fred Johnson, Muskegon County Public Defender, will also be there to discuss the new Michigan Indigent Defense Committee Standards and the implementation of those standards in Muskegon County.
- • Please RSVP to Manda Mitteer: email@example.com by Friday at 5:00 p.m.
Date: Friday, November 30, 2018
Time: 6:30 p.m.
Location: Muskegon Country Club, 2801 Lakeshore Dr, Muskegon
RSVP to Manda Mitteer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting at 6:30 p.m., enjoy a chic evening of music, dancing, cocktails, and an extensive variety of lavish hors d'oeuvres as you dance the night away at the Muskegon Country Club. Membership dues cover your attendance to this grand Barrister’s Ball, and for a nominal fee, you may invite additional guests.
Your invitation has been mailed to you. Kindly submit your RSVP.
Questions? Call Manda Mitteer (231) 724-6585; email@example.com.
Executive Director Legal Aid Western Michigan
Legal Aid of Western Michigan seeks an Executive Director to lead this non-profit organization in its mission to secure justice and protect rights of low-income individuals unable to obtain and pay for legal services in civil matters by the provision of high quality legal representation and counsel.
It is the intention of LAWM to complete the search and hiring process by December 31, 2018, so a strict timeline will be observed.
- Deadline is 5:00 p.m., October 15, 2018.
- Applications should include a cover letter, detailing the candidate’s qualifications, resume, writing sample, contact information for three professional references, and salary.
- Email application to firstname.lastname@example.org in Word or PDF format.
- Direct Inquiries to Molly Schlatter, Director of Finance, email@example.com, (616) 774-0672.
View online here. View for more details.
MI Supreme Court County Community Connections Program & Luncheon with Local Judges and Supreme Court Justices
Date: Wednesday, October 24, 2018
Time: 10:00 a.m.; luncheon at noon
Location: Reeths-Puffer Auditorium, 1545 N. Roberts Rd, Muskegon
Started in 2007, the program is aimed principally at high schools students, with the goal of helping them understand the appellate courts and Michigan’s judicial system. To prepare for the oral argument, students will meet with local attorneys, to discuss the case that the Court will hear. After the argument, students participate in a debriefing with the attorneys who argued the case, and also have an opportunity to meet the justices.
We would like to invite you to attend this momentous event as our guest. The oral arguments begin promptly at 10:00 a.m.
- *Since everyone will go through security, please arrive by 9:30 a.m.
- *Oral arguments and briefing will last approximately an hour. The case to be argued is People v. Mead, 501 Mich 1029; 908 NW2d 546 (2018).
- *Followed by a reception with the Supreme Court Justices, and will conclude at noon.
- *Please park in the lot on the Roberts Road side, and enter the school through the Rocket Centre for the Performing Arts entrance on the north side.
- *Kindly contact Marie Frees at (231) 724-6203 or firstname.lastname@example.org by October 1, 2018 to RSVP or if you have questions.
Additionally, as a local attorney, you are also invited to join the local Judges and Supreme Court Justices for lunch at noon.
- *There is limited seating, so please include in your RSVP if you will be attending lunch.
- *The program concludes after lunch.
Members Composite Photo Order & Pickup
Pictures are complete and you may order your individual or bar composite photos. First off, thank you for your cooperation in making our MCBA composite photo a big success! MCBA Officer Alana Wiaduck has negotiated a good value with very reasonable rates for bar members.
- • Please see the attached order form.
- • Other sizes and products are available, including Christmas card options.
- • Orders will be ready within one week.
- • Contact Charlie at Radium Photo directly.
- • Best way to order photos would be to stop in, email, or call.
Charlie, Radium Photo
835 Terrace St.
Muskegon, MI 49440231.726.3803