Cancelation of 2020 Barrister’s Ball
Dear Bar Members,
Due to the current health crisis and surge in Muskegon County COVID-19 cases, the board has decided to cancel the 2020 Barrister's Ball.
We appreciate your understanding as we all work together to combat this pandemic. We wish you and your loved ones a safe and healthy holiday season and look forward to celebrating with you at next year's Ball, which has been scheduled for December 3, 2021.
Your MCBA Board
Muskegon County Prosecutor's Office - Assistant Prosecuting Attorney I
Please review this flyer for a Assistant Prosecuting Attorney I position provided by the Muskegon County Prosecutor's Office.
Announcement: Executive Director Mediation & Restorative Services Open Position
Job Title: Executive Director
Hours: Full-time Salary Position
Reports To: Mediation & Restorative Services Board of Directors About Mediation & Restorative Services
To Apply: Please email to email@example.com a resume and cover letter.
Questions? Please see the original listing for further information.
Deadline to apply is November 11, 2020
Announcements from the 14th Circuit Court, 60th District Court, & Muskegon County Probate Court
Dear members, please review for your records:
- A press release regarding the Muskegon County Courts. As a result of an increase in local COVID-19 cases in the last two weeks, the courts are required to revert back to phase II of its reopening plan, requiring more restrictive conditions in terms of how the public interacts with the court and court staff.
In addition, we are providing you with the following attached resources to help you navigate through this change:
- Hall of Justice Schedule
- Handout for Conducting Business with the Courts Remotely
- Memorandum re Court Hearings During Phase II
Announcement: Signed Orders
Please see the following instructions for obtaining signed orders from Muskegon Circuit Court Records.
Resources for Muskegon Courts During the Pandemic
For your convenience, we have gathered important information regarding doing business with MC Courts during the pandemic.
- • Here is a recording of the MCBA Meeting with MC Court Administrators.
- • Scan Me Screening Tool is a visitor’s pre-scan tool. Scan the linked QR code on your smartphone, and you will be taken to a self-screening tool that will allow you to get pre-approval to enter the courthouse. The goal is to cut down on lines entering the courthouse. You will still need to have your temperature taken when you arrive at the courthouse. Provided is an 8 ½ x 11 sheet of QR codes that employees may use.
- • This Conducting Business Handout includes important email address and phone numbers for the courts as well as links to forms.
- • This In-Person Trial LAO outlines parameters for conducting in-person jury proceedings during the COVID 19 pandemic.
Questions? Please contact MC Court Administration at (231) 724-6520.
Muskegon County Bid Opportunities
Muskegon County is soliciting proposals for contracts on neglect/abuse and delinquency cases for calendar year 2021. Read more information.
Muskegon County 14th Circuit Court and the MCBA Bench Bar Committee are putting together its list and schedule of case evaluators for the upcoming year. If you want your name added to the current list, and you meet the requirements of MCR 2.404(B)(2), please complete the application form, MC 34, available online.
Applications will be accepted through mail and should be addressed to:
Ms. Autumn Ward
ADR Clerk to the Hon. Timothy G. Hicks
990 Terrace, 6th floor
Muskegon, MI 49442
Or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for filing is September 30. Need to renew your application? You will receive a notice from the Court.
Announcement—Regarding Muskegon County Courts
Please review these four important documents regarding the Muskegon County Courts.
Muskegon County Court Recovery Program
The Muskegon County Court Recovery program is once again accepting new referrals in our program. Check out the new referral form attorneys may use to refer a client.
Questions? Contact Recovery Court Case Manager, Nicole Falconer, whose email is listed on the form, or contact Alisha Riedl at email@example.com.
Join the MAACS Roster
Please read for more information or visit the MI State Appellate Defense Office.
Announcement from Muskegon County Circuit Records
Please review the following letter from Nancy Waters, County Clerk, regarding attorney mailboxes and e-filing.
Board of Directors & Officers 2020–2021
Please see this list of the new Board of Directors & Officers for 2020–2021. Thank you.
Important Email Addresses for 14th Circuit/Family Court
Please review this list of important email addresses and resources concerning the 14th Circuit/Family Court.
Announcement: Four Items of Interest
Dear MCBA Members, these four documents of interest concerning the COVID-19 pandemic are now available to all local attorneys:
Announcement: Two Items of Interest Regarding Mediators Arbitrators and Virtual Court Rooms During COVID-19
Dear MCBA Members, two documents of interest are now available to all local attorneys.
Announcement: Three Items of Interest
Dear MCBA Members, these three documents of interest are now available to all local attorneys.
Announcement: LawDay 2020 Cancellation
Dear Law Day 2020 Participants and Donors,
It is with a heavy heart that the Law Day Committee/Muskegon County Bar Association is cancelling this year’s Law Day competition.
Due to the school’s mandated closings as well as the ban on gatherings, we have decided that it would be better to cancel the event this year due to all the uncertainties. Any donations already received will be held for Law Day 2021.
On behalf of the Law Day Committee, we wish everyone health during these challenging times.