1. The McDonald’s Shamrock Shake is an extremely popular green, mint-flavored milkshake, Bain, Shamrock Shake End Date 2022: When Is The Last Day To Get One? HITC (March 4, 2022) [https://perma.cc/Q7DN-7FTE]. All websites cited in this article were accessed March 30, 2022.
2. Klosowski, What You Should Know About Right to Repair, New York Times (July 15, 2021) [https:// perma.cc/RC8A-QT9Q].
4. Hernandez, Feds Are Reportedly Looking into Why McDonalds Ice-Cream Machines Are Always Busted, NPR (September 2, 2021) [https://perma.cc/LK79-TP7U].
5. McDonald’s does not manufacture or own the ice cream machines used at restaurants. Franchisees buy machines from a list of McDonald’s approved vendors.
6. Greenberg, They Hacked McDonalds Ice Cream Machines – And Started a Cold War, Wired (April 20, 2021) [ https://perma.cc/3YXC-TMC9].
10. Dean, The company that makes McDonald’s McFlurry machines was hit with a restraining order as part of a legal battle about why the machines sometimes break, a report says, Business Insider (August 12, 2021) [https://perma.cc/6SJ2-R2SA] and Lawler, Here’s What’s Been Happening in the Lawsuit Involving McDonald’s Ice Cream Machines, Thrillist (December 2, 2021) [https://perma.cc/ST2J-6BH5].
11. Greenberg, Ice Cream Machine Hackers Sue McDonald’s for $900 Million, Wired (March 2, 2022), [https://perma.cc/MPJ8-ELUV].
12. Kytch, Inc v. McDonald’s Corp, complaint filed on March 1, 2022, with the United States District Court for the District of Delaware (1:22-cv-00279-UNA), pp 66-67, paragraphs 288-299, available at [https://perma.cc/5TZA-VLU9].
13. Id. at p 76, paragraph 330 and 15 USC 2302(c) (“No warrantor of a consumer product may condition his written or implied warranty of such product on the consumer’s using, in connection with such product, any article or service (other than article or service provided without charge under the terms of the warranty) which is identified by brand, trade, or corporate name”).
14. Uzer, McDonald’s Is Being Sued in the Ongoing Soft Serve Controversy, Eat This, Not That! (March 6, 2022) [https://perma.cc/G3V2-VUC7].
15. Wiens & Chamberlain, John Deere Just Swindled Farmers Out of Their Right to Repair, Wired (August 19, 2018) [https://perma.cc/VG2R-QFPN].
16. Id. and Gault & Koebler, John Deere Hit With Class Action Lawsuit for Alleged Tractor Repair Monopoly, Vice (January 13, 2022) [https://perma.cc/EBQ3-U6ZB].
17. Kingsley-Hughes, Your new iPhone 13 doesn’t belong to you, ZDNet (October 5, 2021), [https://perma.cc/XN4Y-3NAZ].
18. See e.g., We Are Fighting for Repairable Appliances, repair.org [https://perma.cc/6VP9-NRMJ].
19. See e.g., Device Companies are Cutting Hospitals Our of the Loop, repair.org [https://perma.cc/6HMZ-JXK8].
20. Koebler & Gault, Joe Biden Formally Backs Consumers’ Right to Repair Their Electronics, Vice (January 24, 2022) [https://perma.cc/YN7D-JDZB].
21. Noss, Why is Right to Repair Good for the Environment? Sustainability Nook (March 23, 2021) https://sustainabilitynook.com/why-right-to-repair-good-for-environment/
22. “SIA opposition to SB 425 (Rhoads), an act relating to Fair Digital Electronic Equipment Repair,” letter from SIA Senior Manager – Government Relations Joe Hoellerer to The Honorable Senator Jarrett Keohokalole, Chairman, Senate Comm on Technology (January 31, 2019), available at [https://perma. cc/A9B3-FGVS].
23. The Editorial Board, Massachusetts Legislature should pass ‘eight to repair’ bill, The Boston Globe (October 18, 2021) [https://perma. cc/96VG-S59V].
24. Arkansas SB461, 93rd General Assembly, Regular Session (2021) and Proctor, right to repair off to the races in 2021 with 14 active states, U.S. Pirg (January 22, 2021) [https://perma.cc/Q5MT-J3V3].
25. Matsakis & Solon, Senate introduces bill to allow farmers to fix their own equipment, NBCnews.com (February 1, 2022) [https://perma.cc/2JVK-ZQJW].
26. HR 4006, 117th Congress (introduced June 17, 2021).
27. 2021 HB 5563.
28. Id. at Section 3(1).
29. Id. at Section 2(c).