What is SOLACE?
SOLACE is a program coordinated by the State Bar of Michigan designed to help members of the legal community or their immediate families who are in critical need because of a recent, sudden catastrophic illness, injury, or event.
SOLACE is simple and straightforward. When a need arises, members of the SOLACE Network are notified by email. If anyone from the Network can help and wants to help, SOLACE facilitates getting the assistance to those in need. See the “How to Help” page for more information on recent requests.
All members of Michigan’s legal community, regardless of income or assets, are eligible to receive assistance from SOLACE. This includes Michigan judges, lawyers, court personnel, paralegals, legal assistants, legal administrators, law students, and their immediate families. See the “Request Help” page for more information.
Thank You to Our Partners
The State Bar of Michigan launched the SOLACE Network in July 2021 with support from partner organizations from across the state. SOLACE welcomes the participation of additional partner organizations. Sign up here to join the growing list of SOLACE Partners:
- Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan
- Detroit Bar Association
- Eastern District of Michigan Chapter of the Federal Bar Association
- Genesee County Bar Association
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- Ingham County Bar Association
- Macomb Bar Association
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel
- Oakland County Bar Association
- SBM Criminal Law Section
- Washtenaw County Bar Association
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan