June 14, 2019
Board of Commissioners
Public Policy Items To Be Considered
Members who wish to share comments on any of the items below may do so by filling out a Public Policy Comment form or emailing email@example.com before 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 13.
A. Court Rules
1. ADM File 2018-27: Proposed Rescission of MCR 8.123
Because counsel appointment plan review and data collection regarding payments for appointed counsel is now, by statute, a requirement of the Michigan Indigent Defense Commission under MCL 780.989 and MCL 780.993, this proposed amendment would rescind MCR 8.123, which requires certain data be collected from courts and plans for appointment be approved by SCAO.
2. ADM File No. 2018-27: Proposed Rescission of Administrative Order No. 1997-5
The proposed rescission of Administrative Order No. 1997-5 is consistent with the current practice of appointment of counsel, which is now governed by statute and regulated through the Michigan Indigent Defense Commission.
1. HB 4407 (Guerra) Courts; district court; authority of district court magistrate; expand. Amends sec. 8512 of 1961 PA 236 (MCL 600.8512).
2. HB 4509 (VanSingel) Civil procedure; evictions; limited liability companies; allow members and others with personal knowledge to represent in certain situations. Amends 1961 PA 236 (MCL 600.101 - 600.9947) by adding sec. 5707.
1. Trial Court Funding Commission Interim Report