Director of Communications
The State Bar of Michigan (SBM) has an immediate opening for a Director of Communications. This position develops and implements the State Bar of Michigan’s strategies for effectively communicating with attorneys, the media, and the public in accordance with the organization’s strategic plan, including best practices for all modes of communication. The Director of Communications will manage the communications department budget and vendor contracts, ensure that SBM’s communications efforts reflect Michigan’s diverse legal community and are accessible to all, and protect SBM’s image with consistency across all platforms. More Information & Principal Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, or a related field. Familiarity with the law or legal profession is a plus.
- Significant communications experience.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Experience managing a staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly in collaboration, facilitation, motivation, and team building.Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver on commitments.
How to apply: please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is temporarily remote, but will be based in Lansing, Michigan.
The State Bar of Michigan embraces a culture within its workplace as well as in leadership and governance processes that is open to and respects differing views and perspectives. The State Bar of Michigan is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit our Career Center for other job postings.