Mass Swearing-in Ceremonies Planned for Bar Passers
Congratulations to the 130 soon-to-be Michigan attorneys who passed the Bar exam and qualified to become a licensed attorney!
The next step to becoming a member of the State Bar of Michigan is to attend a swearing-in ceremony. You can arrange for your own swearing-in or participate in one of several mass swearing-in ceremonies planned by local bar associations and courts in May and June.
To view a comprehensive list of scheduled ceremonies and register for an event, please click here. These events have been scheduled:
- 1:30 p.m. May 25, 2023: Washtenaw County Bar Association via Zoom before Judge Tracy Van den Bergh
- 3:30 p.m. May 11, 2023: Kalamazoo County Bar Association at the U.S. Courthouse & Federal Building before Judges Dales (Federal) and Giguere (State)
- 11 a.m. May 23, 2023: Oakland County Bar Association at the Oakland County Commissioner's Auditorium before Chief Judge Matis
- 4 p.m. May 25, 2023: Ingham County Bar Association at Veterans Memorial Courthouse before Judge Carol N. Koenig
- 1:30 p.m. May 31, 2023: Macomb County Bar Association at the 16th Circuit Court before Chief Judge James Biernat, Jr.
- 3:30 p.m. June 7, 2023: Grand Rapids Bar Association at the Kent County Courthouse before Judge Clay West of the 17th Circuit Court and the Judge Jane Beckering of the U.S. District Court-Western District.
Posted: May 9, 2023