2021 SBM Election Nominating Petitions Due April 30
March 25, 2021
Vacancy information and nominating petitions are available in the 2021 State Bar Election Notice, which was published in the March issue of the Michigan Bar Journal. Petitions are used to submit your name for one of the elected positions at the State Bar of Michigan or Judicial Tenure Commission. Petitions must be filed with the State Bar between April 1, 2021, and April 30, 2021.
Due to the pandemic, please use the following procedures for completing and submitting petitions:
- Please scan and email your completed petitions to email@example.com, rather than faxing or mailing them.
- As a substitute for physical signatures, we will accept “electronic confirmation of nomination” signatures in the following format:
I support the nomination of [CANDIDATE ATTORNEY’S NAME] to serve on the [POSITION] for the [XX] District/Circuit.
My office is located in the [XX] District/Circuit.
[NOMINATING ATTORNEY’S NAME]
[NOMINATING ATTORNEY’S P NUMBER]
[NOMINATING ATTORNEY’S OFFICE ADDRESS]
These “electronic confirmation signatures” should be attached to your completed petition when emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Michigan lawyers are advised that the following elections will be held in June 2021:
- A statewide election for a judicial member of the Judicial Tenure Commission
- Elections for the members of the Representative Assembly in 39 judicial circuits
- Elections for members of the Board of Commissioners in five commissioner districts
- Elections for members of the Young Lawyers Section Executive Council in three districts
All ballots will be electronic and sent to all active State Bar members by June 1, 2021, to the email address on file with the State Bar. To ensure you receive a ballot and notifications about the election, please make certain that the State Bar has your current email address on file at e.michbar.org/Account/My-Profile.
If you have questions, contact Marge Bossenbery at email@example.com or Carrie Sharlow at firstname.lastname@example.org.