Affordable Legal Services Committee
Support the State Bar of Michigan’s access to justice and member services goals by:
- Reviewing, developing, and recommend innovative practices to provide low-cost legal services and evaluate efforts to expand access to affordable legal services for persons of modest means, including low bono services; non-profit law firms and sliding scale civil legal services; online dispute resolution and alternative dispute resolution services; lean process analysis, both at law practice and court administrative levels; alternative fee agreements; and fixed fee packages.
- Identifying the need for any workgroups to support the jurisdiction of the committee
- Conferring and coordinating regularly at least annually with the Justice Initiatives, Unauthorized Practice of Law, Access to Justice Policy, and Online Legal Resources and Referral Center committees
- Identifying possible collaborations to support the committee’s jurisdiction
- Reviewing and evaluating metrics measuring
Note: This committee may have more than 15 members.
2021-2022 Committee List