Lawyers & Judges Assistance Committee
Lawyers & Judges Assistance Program Home
Propose and support measures to advance the well-being of lawyers, judges, and law students by:
- Recommending, developing, and supporting programs and educational presentations that provide assistance to law students, lawyers, and judges regarding substance use issues, mental health issues, anxiety, and general wellness.
- Reviewing and making recommendations concerning proposed statutes and court rules affecting assistance to lawyers and judges faced with personal and professional problems related to substance use and mental health issues.
- Monitoring national trends and data on attorney and judge wellness and treatment.
- Determining how the committee's work might interact with and support work of the Professional Ethics, Judicial Ethics, Character and Fitness, and Client Protection Fund committees, including by conferring and coordinating regularly with them on trends, data, insights, and metrics.
- Being aware of and discussing metrics measuring the effectiveness of national and state efforts to reduce attorney drug and alcohol addiction and depression.
- Reviewing and evaluating metrics measuring the effectiveness of efforts to promote attorney wellbeing, including evaluating available online wellness assessment tools for lawyers.
Note: This committee may have more than 15 members. This committee may include non-State Bar members.
2018-2019 Committee List