ADR Section: Mediator Forum
Thursday, December 15, 2016
Location: Varnum LLP, 160 W. Fort Street, Fifth Floor, Detroit
Register: online or by mail PDF
Seating is limited, so register early!
The Alternative Dispute Resolution Section of the State Bar of Michigan announces our latest Mediator Forum for ADR Section members to meet, connect and exchange ideas. Our goal is to foster an exciting forum where mediators and arbitrators can share, network, and learn from one another! New Time! New Format! New Location!
Details: ADR Section Detroit Regional Meeting: A Forum for ADR Providers to Network and Share. Beer, wine, and hors d’oeuvres provided.
• Early Mediation of Employment Disputes
o Earlene Baggett-Hayes
o Richard A. Hooker
o Sheldon J. Stark
Small Group Discussion Topics:
• The timing of opening offers - when and how
• Managing extreme opening offers and counter-offers
• Explaining party justification/rationale for an offer
• Dealing with party/advocate impatience
• Techniques for responding to charges an offer has “nuisance value”
• Share your “favorite” technique
Submit questions to the presentation panel in advance by e-mailing Shel Stark.
Parking available in the Financial District Garage, entrance at 131 W. Lafayette Blvd.
Added By: soudsema