Daniel D. Quick becomes 89th SBM president
Congratulations to Daniel D. Quick, the 89th president of the State Bar of Michigan.
Quick, a trial attorney at Dickinson Wright, was sworn in today by Michigan Supreme Court Justice Brian K. Zahra during the Presidential Inauguration and Awards Luncheon and the Detroit Marriott Troy. He will serve a one-year term, effective immediately. Serving all 46,000 Michigan attorneys, the State Bar of Michigan promotes the professionalism of lawyers; advocates for an open, fair, and accessible justice system; and provides services to members to help them best serve clients.
In his acceptance speech, Quick said he plans to increase SBM's focus on professionalism in Michigan's legal community, "but beyond professionalism, we're going to focus on supporting our democracy and the rule of law."
Other elected Board of Commissioner officers for 2023–2024 are:
- President-Elect Joseph P. McGill
- Vice President Lisa J. Hamameh
- Secretary Erika L. Bryant
- Treasurer Thomas H. Howlett
Quick has been a member of the Board of Commissioners since 2013. He is active in the American Bar Association Section of Litigation and is a past president of the Oakland County Bar Association and Oakland County Bar Foundation. Quick previously served as chair of the State Bar of Michigan’s Representative Assembly. He is the author of books on civil procedure, trade secrets, and business torts. He also is a contributor to the Institute of Continuing Legal Education on both civil litigation and business law.
The luncheon also recognized the contributions of eight individuals for their exceptional dedication to the legal profession and commitment to ensuring justice for all. The honors went to:
- Nancy J. Diehl, Roberts P. Hudson Award
- Joseph Kimble, Roberts P. Hudson Award
- John M. Sier, Roberts P. Hudson Award
- Hon. Timothy Kenny (retired), Frank J. Kelley Distinguished Public Service Award
- Veronica Thronson, Champion of Justice Award
- Vivek S. Sankaran, John W. Reed Michigan Lawyer Legacy Award
- James R. Rinck, John W. Cummiskey Pro Bono Award
- Amy Iseler, Liberty Bell Award
Posted: September 21, 2023