Access to Justice Committee
Support the State Bar's access to justice efforts by:
- Developing and recommending proposals for proactive programs to benefit underserved populations, including the poor, racial and ethnic minorities, gender identity, juveniles, domestic violence survivors.
- Supporting resources for civil legal aid programs.
- Providing recommendations and support for the State Bar's pro bono legal services program.
- Recommending John W. Cummiskey Award recipient.
- Identifying the need for any workgroups to support the jurisdiction of the committee.
- Conferring and coordinating regularly with the Access to Justice Policy, Affordable Services, and Online Legal Resource and Referral committees on common strategic goals.
- Identifying possible collaborations to support the committee's jurisdiction.
2018-2019 Committee List