Join us for the 2023 Presidential Inauguration and Awards Luncheon
Join us as President James W. Heath passes the gavel to Daniel D. Quick, the 89th president of the State Bar of Michigan; welcomes the incoming leadership of the Board of Commissioners; and honors the distinguished service and commitment by members of Michigan's legal community.
The State Bar of Michigan’s annual Presidential Inauguration and Awards Luncheon is set for noon Thursday, September 21, 2023, at the Detroit Marriott Troy, 200 W. Big Beaver Road in Troy. Honorees will receive an email invitation with information on how to register for their complementary tickets, but additional tickets can be purchased for $65 each at michbar.org/awards.
The 2023-2024 officers of the Board of Commissioners are Daniel D. Quick, president; Joseph P. McGill, president-elect; Lisa J. Hamameh, vice president; Erika L. Bryant, secretary; and Thomas H. Howlett, treasurer.
The Board of Commissioners issued the following awards, which will be presented during the Presidential Inauguration & Awards Luncheon:
· Roberts P. Hudson Award: Nancy J. Diehl, Joseph Kimble, and John M. Sier
· Frank J. Kelley Distinguished Public Service Award: Hon. Timothy Kenny
· Champion of Justice Award: Veronica Thronson
· John W. Reed Michigan Lawyer Legacy Award: Vivek Sankaran
· John W. Cummiskey Pro Bono Award: James R. Rinck
· Liberty Bell Award: Amy Iseler
The Representative Assembly will award the following honors during its meeting at the Troy Marriott following the Presidential Inauguration & Awards Luncheon:
· Michael Franck Award: Sheldon G. Larky
· Unsung Hero Award: Hon. Melissa L. Pope
Published July 30, 2023