Legal Talk Network, which produces high level podcasts for legal professionals, collects podcasts for lawyers specifically about navigating COVID-19.
COVID-19 Resources for Lawyers
Make your in-person and remote meetings the best they can be with these tried and true tips.
(Not So) Secrets for More Productive Meetings
New technologies, improved security, and wider connectivity has made it easier for lawyers to work outside brick and mortar offices. Make it work for you with this step-by-step guide.
Remote Work Is Trending: How to Make It Work at Your Law Firm
10 Steps to follow when working remotely as a lawyer.
How to Work Remotely as a Lawyer
This compendium of tools available for remote workers is a one-stop resource for all legal professionals.
Tools for Remote Teams
A dream team of law practice technology pros provide their best advice on collaboration tools for lawyers in this attorneyatwork post.
Tech Tips for Teams: Smart Collaboration Tools
The State Bar of Michigan Lawyers & Judges Assistance Program has compiled a wealth of resources providing guidance on working remotely and coping with the pandemic. Mental Health Resources for the Legal Profession During COVID-19
An electronic signature, or eSignature, is an electronic sound, symbol, or process attached to or logically associated with a record and executed or adopted by a person with the intent to sign the record. Michigan has adopted the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA) which governs the use of electronic signatures and attestations. Details about the scope of the UETA is available here.
Electronic Signature Software
- Adobe Sign—With Adobe Sign documents are signed in minutes. Keep your practice moving by easily collecting signatures from your clients around the world. If you have Adobe Acrobat DC or Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, it comes with a subscription to Adobe Sign with eSignature features already embedded in the software.
- Docusign—The DocuSign System of Agreement platform enables law firms of all sizes to exceed client expectations by accelerating agreement turnaround time and reducing costs, all while ensuring document security and privacy.
- HelloSign—A simple eSignature platform with reusable templates and an affixed audit trail that ensures actions are tracked and time-stamped.
- RightSignature—This Citrix software allows you to deliver documents via email with a secure link or by embedding on a website.
- Zoho Sign—A simple user interface with robust features allows for secure signing, sending, and management of documents from anywhere.
Remote & Electronic Notarization 101
Executive Order 2020-41 encourages the use of electronic signatures and remote notarization, witnessing, and visitation during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Office of the Secretary of State has approved five vendor systems to be used in Michigan to conduct electronic and remote notarizations. The approved vendor announcement is here.
- E-Mortgage Law—Information about available services are here. First time users can create an account here.
- Nexsys—Information about available services are here. First time users can create an account here.
- Pavaso—Information about available services are here. First time users can create an account here.
- NotaryCam—Information about available services are here. First time users can create an account here.
- Notarize—Information about available services are here. First time users can create an account here.
The State Bar of Michigan offers a wide variety of discounts and benefits to its members found here. Some options for the remote worker include: