April 23, 2021
Board of Commissioners
Public Policy Items To Be Considered
Members who wish to share comments on any of the items below may do so by filling out a Public Policy Comment form or emailing email@example.com before 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 21.
1. HB 4174 (Lightner) Criminal procedure: records; criminal justice system data collection; provide for. Creates new act.
2. HB 4181 (Anthony) Civil procedure: evictions; residential evictions during the COVID-19 state of emergency; prohibit. Amends 1961 PA 236 (MCL 600.101 - 600.9947) by adding sec. 5740.
3. HB 4447 (Lightner) Courts: judges; judges' salaries; make fully funded by state. Amends secs. 555, 821, 822 & 8202 of 1961 PA 236 (MCL 600.555 et seq.).
4. SB 0159 (MacDonald) Courts: juries; provision related to allowance of a one man grand jury; eliminate. Amends 1927 PA 175 by repealing secs. 3, 4, 5, 6, 6a & 6b, ch. VII (MCL 767.3 et seq.).
5. Executive Budget for the Michigan Indigent Defense Commission for the 2021-2022 Fiscal Year, as found on page numbers B-53 through B-55.
6. Executive Budget for the Department of the Judiciary for the 2021-2022 Fiscal Year, as found on page numbers B-41 through B-43.