Client Protection Fund Committee
View the Client Protection Fund Resource Page
Advise the Board of Commissioners on the operation of the Client Protection Fund program pursuant to the Client Protection Rules adopted by the Board of Commissioner by:
- Making recommendations on the reimbursement of claims authorized by the Board of Commissioners.
- Proposing or advising on revisions to rules and policies concerning the Client Protection Fund.
- Recommending subrogation actions to recoup monies paid from the Client Protection Fund.
- Reviewing and recommending loss prevention measures to minimize claims and public loss.
- Determining how the committee's work might interact with and support the work of the Professional Ethics, Judicial Ethics, Lawyers and Judges Assistance, and Character and Fitness committees, including through conferring and coordinating regularly with them on trends, data, insights, and metrics.
- Being aware of and discussing metrics measuring the effectiveness of national and state efforts to reduce lawyer misappropriation of funds and to reimburse victimized clients.
Note: This committee may have more than 15 members. Implement the Strategic Plan though workgroups including Payee Notification.
2018-2019 Committee List