Law & the Media Committee
2016-2017 Committee Members
- Develop, recommend, and support programs that promote a positive relationship between the law and the media.
- Study and identify sources of friction between the courts, lawyers, and the electronic and print press, and recommend solutions.
- Includes non-attorney members of the media.
- Recommend recipients of the Wade H. McCree Jr. award.
Please check with Administrative Assistant Joyce Nordeen for any changes to meeting dates by calling (517) 346-6373 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Foster greater public understanding of the inherent values of our legal and judicial system
- Inform and educate citizens as to the role of the law, the courts, law enforcement agencies, and the legal profession in today's society
- Disclose practices and procedures in need of correction or improvement
- Encourage and promote legal and state legislative efforts to update and modernize our laws, courts, and law enforcement agencies
Legal Terms is a handy booklet that gives definitions for legal terms in plain English. The booklet may be purchased from the State Bar of Michigan for $2.12 (includes state sales tax and shipping). This booklet can be ordered using the Publication Order Form.
Or, download Legal Terms
Legal Links of Interest to the Media
American Association for Justice
American Civil Liberties Union
Americans For Insurance Reform
Center for Justice and Democracy
Environmental Working Group
Michigan Association for Justice
Michigan Campaign Finance Committee Search
Michigan Court Administrative Office Approved Forms
Michigan Citizen Action
Michigan Democratic Party
Michigan DLEG: Corporation Division Business Entity Search
Michigan Lawyers Weekly
Michigan Dept. of Corrections—Prisoner Look-up
Michigan Republican Party
National Archives and Records Administration—Code of Federal Regulations
National Center for State Courts
Numerical Index of Approved Michigan District Court Forms
Reynolds National Center For Courts and Media
State Bar of Michigan Public Policy Resource Center
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
U.S. District Court—Eastern District of Michigan
U.S. District Court—Western District of Michigan